This group examines parameters and plans for access to the new high-speed Research Network.
The Research Network Working Group engages with the following tasks:
- Formalizing a business plan for the RN to include the creation of a charging structure that enables both maintenance and enhancements.
- Identifying the resources needed to develop public facing self-service capabilities to include enhanced documentation.
- Consider the development of an end-to-end Data Transfer Service utilizing the RN and ICS-ACI, such that the service can be purchased as a single offering without having to separately contact the RN and ICS-ACI
In order to best tackle the aforementioned tasks, the RN WG is self-guided by a series of driving inquiries:
- What are the parameters and plans for access to the Research Network?
- What are the purposes of the new Research Network? Who should expect to use it and for what ends?
- What segments of campus will be connected, what is the cost, and how will researchers access the network?
- What limitations must be set on endpoint computers if they wish to access the Research Network?
- What types of data can be transferred across the Research Network?
- What type of security is in place on the Research Network?
- How do data classification policies at the University affect access to the Research Network?
You may contact the members of the Research Network and Data Classification Policies Working Group by e-mail at L-RCCI-NETWORK@lists.psu.edu.